Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

Student visa coming to an end in January for 1 year masters

Student visa coming to an end in January for 1 year masters and sponsor has not given permission to extend the visa even though I've got a scholarship for a PhD at Manchester uni. Can I still apply to extend my student visa or do I need to look at different options like skilled worker? I'm a qualified medical doctor but not registered in the uk
JA: Could you provide me with any other relevant information about the situation surrounding the visa?
Customer: My long term goal is to get my medical qualifications approved and become a UK registered doctor for the NHS, but this takes time
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Further to your question I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Can you please confirm who your sponsor is?

You can apply to extend your student visa or you can apply for either the Graduate route or the Careworker visa

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The sponsor for my masters was chevening
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But they just refused to give permission to stay
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is there another option for staying and getting a job on the NHS?

Yes, you could find a job in the NHS and get them to give you a certificate of Sponsorship which will allow you to apply under the Careworker visa.

Please find enclosed the guidance

https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa

I do hope that I have managed to answer your question and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website