How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2417
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

Student visa coming to an end in January for 1 year masters

This answer was rated:

Student visa coming to an end in January for 1 year masters and sponsor has not given permission to extend the visa even though I've got a scholarship for a PhD at Manchester uni. Can I still apply to extend my student visa or do I need to look at different options like skilled worker? I'm a qualified medical doctor but not registered in the uk
JA: Could you provide me with any other relevant information about the situation surrounding the visa?
Customer: My long term goal is to get my medical qualifications approved and become a UK registered doctor for the NHS, but this takes time
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No


Further to your question I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Can you please confirm who your sponsor is?

You can apply to extend your student visa or you can apply for either the Graduate route or the Careworker visa

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The sponsor for my masters was chevening
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But they just refused to give permission to stay
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is there another option for staying and getting a job on the NHS?

Yes, you could find a job in the NHS and get them to give you a certificate of Sponsorship which will allow you to apply under the Careworker visa.

Please find enclosed the guidance

I do hope that I have managed to answer your question and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website
Immigration Warrior and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you