Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I came uk 2017 as student. I successfully finished my

Hello,I came uk 2017 as student. I successfully finished my studies 2021. At the moment I am in graduate visa until 2023. My question is
1. Can I switch my visa to family visa if I will marry someone in uk?
2. Can I stay as a dependent If I will marry with masters level tier 4 student?
3. My 2 years stay at graduate visa will count on 10 years settlement route?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Bangladeshi. I am in uk as a graduate visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No chat will be ok
Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Thanks for your patience.

1. You can switch to a spouse visa from within the UK

2. You can stay as a dependant

3. Your 2 years at graduate visa will certainly count towards 10 years long residence.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can apply as a dependent after my graduate visa finished?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My study time was 4 yeas graduate visa 2 years total 6 years. Now if I will spend next 4 years as a dependent can i directly apply 10 years ILR or I have to switch some another visa to make myself main applicant?

May I ask what will be the main applicant's status when you are planning to switch as a dependant?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Tier 4 student in master’s programme

You should be able to apply as his dependant if all the following apply: https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

You could also switch to a skilled worker visa yourself if eligible at that time, it will also count towards your 10 years of legal residence.

Is there anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No all sorted thank You for your help

My pleasure!

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Welcome