ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I am supporting a Syrian family in Wales. The father has a

Customer Question

Good morning, I am supporting a Syrian family in Wales. The father has a brother, in Lebanon, about whom he is very concerned. He keeps asking about bringing him to Wales.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We live in Wales. He and the family came in under the government resettlement scheme and have permanent right to remain.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No, I am just trying to find out what is possible and what route we need to take at the moment.I on't want to raise his hopes unless we at least know how to proceed
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I am aware of. I haven't been sure what to ask the family yet, but can fond out once I know what is needed
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am also supporting a single Syrian Mum who is desperate to bring her parents and siblings from Lebanon as they are having a lot of problems
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** cannot afford to spend more money at the moment. The family are on benefits, so initially I am trying to find out if it is possible to bring over relatives and if they are going to need a lawyer, what sort of costs are likely to be incurred. Then we may be able to look at financial help
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.  unfortunately there is no resettlement scheme in place in relation to Lebanon for the family member to apply to from there. In addition, they would not be in a position at this minute to sponsor their family member’s application to the UK.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 days ago.

The only practical resolve is for the family members to apply for asylum in the UK. In order to apply for asylum however they would be required to have a permit to enter UK for whatever reason. Once they arrive in the UK they would be able to claim asylum. So for example, they could apply to enter as a visitor and thereafter upon arrival make a claim for asylum. This is the best and most practical approach to take.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.