Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I first arrived in 1994 as a visitor the I changed my visa

Customer Question

I first arrived in 1994 as a visitor the I changed my visa to a student visa but in 1998, I traveled to The US and that’s and came back in the same 1998. At Gatwick airport they refused my entry but gave me 3 days admission and I did went back. So I gone under the radars but in 1999 I went to Gatwick with my then husband who was a EEA National and had interview with the immigration at Gatwick. They granted me 6 months visa and then after that I applied to the home office and they gave me 1 year visa as EEA National dependent. After that one year I applied again and they gave me 5 years visa under the EEA National but we divorced in 2005 and when I applied they refused me saying the lawyer changed that if you divorced before 2006 you not entitled. Not sure what it called. Since 2006 I have been making various applications until 2020 that’s when they gave me 2.5 years under the 10 years route because my son is British. So I was wondering if I could apply for indefinite leave on my next application considering the years that I have been living in the Uk.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry, there is a lot of typo but I hope you get more or less of what I’m trying to say
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is my current visa
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 14 days ago.

A very good day to you there, how do you do? It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m very well thank you

My name is ***** ***** law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the enquiry.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Before I can provide you advice on your question, there are a few things to note: I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry very quickly, but if you do not receive my response immediately, do not worry I will not have forgotten, I would either be reviewing your question fully or it could be a technical delay on my end. Please know that I will be with you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok, thank you very much
I hear what you're saying. Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, I just want to know if there is a chance for me to apply for indefinite leave when my current visa expire next year considering the amount of years I have been living here in uK

Thank you for your patience. If you can track back to 2012 and from 2012 you have had lawful leae to remain in the UK then you could apply for ILR under the 10 year long residence rule. When you say I have been making several applications if they were not extensions approved and with no gaps between two visas then you will not qualify.

We appreciate the opportunity to help you. Feel free to return should you have any further questions. my name is ***** ***** I am happy to guide you. all the best.