Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a BRP but it expires 12/08/2022. I have applied for

I have a BRP but it expires 12/08/2022. I have applied for ILR and the application has been received. However I have just found out that my Mother is seriously ill and I need to get to New York as soon as possible. What are my Options ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the U.K. and I am American
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: You misunderstand I'm married and I live is the U.K. I have a Spouse/Partner Leave To Remain Status however it expires 12/08/2022 and I have Applied for ILR but I need to go to New York now and I'm concerned that I might not be allowed back in to the U.K. if I arrive after the Expiry Date on my current document.
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: If I arrive back in the U.K. after the expiry date om current Permit but before the Granting of ILR where do I stand ?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats all

You can leave the UK and then before coming back to the UK you can apply for an emergency BRP this enables you to enter the UK one time: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/country-selection

I trust this assists

I trust this assists

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can this be done in New York ?

I believe it can yes. I trust this assists