How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2411
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

I needed help with immigration query, I am a EU citizen with

This answer was rated:

Good Evening.I needed help with immigration query
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am a EU citizen with settled status. My husband is a Pakistani citizen with pre-settled status. On 13th May 2023 he will be 5 years in the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: How long in Advance can we apply for EU settlement for him? Does he only need settled status to remain in the UK or because he is not a EU citizen Does he need to apply for a different scheme?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 1st entry in the UK was 13th May 2018 with a 6 months visa.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (1QGT513)

Further to your question I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you

Kindly note that you can only apply within 28 days of the 5 years

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for confirming that. Will he be able to remain legally in the UK while the application is in process and is this the only thing he needs despite not being a EU citizen?

Kindly note that whilist you have a pending application with the Home Office you are allowed to remain in the UK legally

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you

All the best and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website

Please do revert back to me if you have any further questions

Immigration Warrior and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you