Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

I needed help with immigration query, I am a EU citizen with

Good Evening.I needed help with immigration query
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am a EU citizen with settled status. My husband is a Pakistani citizen with pre-settled status. On 13th May 2023 he will be 5 years in the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: How long in Advance can we apply for EU settlement for him? Does he only need settled status to remain in the UK or because he is not a EU citizen Does he need to apply for a different scheme?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 1st entry in the UK was 13th May 2018 with a 6 months visa.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (1QGT513)

Further to your question I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Kindly note that you can only apply within 28 days of the 5 years

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for confirming that. Will he be able to remain legally in the UK while the application is in process and is this the only thing he needs despite not being a EU citizen?

Kindly note that whilist you have a pending application with the Home Office you are allowed to remain in the UK legally

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

All the best and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website

Please do revert back to me if you have any further questions