Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
106663647

I am inviting family of my fiancee for our wedding in

Hello,I am inviting family of my fiancee for our wedding in October, for which they will be here for 2 weeks. She is using a newer 5-month bank savings statement for this visitor visa application, although she has another bank account that is older than 6 months, although this is not one that is mainly used.
Can we use the bank statement for the newer 5-month account for invitation? Or must it only be one 6-months or older?

Further to your question I am a solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Kindly note that you do not need to include exactly 6 months statements and can include the 5 months statements and write a covering letter to confirm the same

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. What do you think should be included in the covering letter? Is it just stating that the account is for 5 months?

That is correct, you can explain the situation

I do hope that I have managed to answer your question and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks :)

All the best