Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have become a British citizen last year and I want to

Hi Pearl, I have become a British citizen last year and I want to register my daughter as a British citizen, as well
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We live in UK and we have had the Settled status already as European Nationals
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: Not so far - I did mine on my own and I was successful, but registering my child is a bit more confusing as a process
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so, our first nationality is Greek and there is no criminal record. The girl is studying in the local high school

A very good day to you there, how do you do? It is my pleasure to assist you today.

My name is ***** ***** law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the enquiry.

Before I can provide you advice on your question, there are a few things to note:

• I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry very quickly, but if you do not receive my response immediately, do not worry I will not have forgotten, I would either be reviewing your question fully or it could be a technical delay on my end. Please know that I will be with you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi there! I need some help with the application of my daughter to register as a British citizen

Sounds like you did everything you could. I can see how difficult this has been. Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I just need to know the answer to few questions during the application process, in order to see whether I've done the right choices and given the correct information to the Home Office

Got it! I believe have everything i need, I’ll be with you as soon as possible. It won’t be terribly long!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The girl was born outside UK, in Greece, to Greek parents (my wife has also the Bulgarian nationality by birth). I got the British Nationality last year. She is still under 18 years old and my first question is whether I should to register her as a British citizen apply under the category: "Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary".
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The next question is what nationality should I ender for myself as her parent in the section: "What is your parent or legal guardian's country of nationality?". I believe I should enter that I am a UK citizen, and that I had the Greek nationality at her birth. Am I right or wrong in this one?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
After that I am really confused in the section about the details of the grandparents: what is the right answer to the question "Did they become a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or British citizen by registration or naturalisation?" No one of the grandparents was by birth or became later a British citizen - shall I then simply tick the "No" answer?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello, are you still there?

Thank you for your patience. If she has full settled status too or if her other parent is applying for naturalisation too then as a minor she registered at the discretion of the Home Secretary yes.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist and to clarify anything. my name is ***** ***** feel free to add me to your favourites and you will connect to me quicker in future. All the best

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
lastly, I am really confused in the section about the details of the grandparents: what is the right answer to the question "Did they become a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or British citizen by registration or naturalisation?" No one of the grandparents was by birth or became later a British citizen - shall I then simply tick the "No" answer?

No is the answer

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you very much, have a nice evening!
You are most welcome.