How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2408
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

I'm a Malaysian. currently I'm in the UK, visiting my

This answer was rated:

hello. I'm a Malaysian. currently I'm in the UK, visiting my partner. is it possible for me to apply a family/ fiancée visa in the UK without leaving the country?
JA: Could you provide me with any other relevant information about the situation surrounding the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Further to your question I am an immigration solicitor and will be assisting you with your question today

Kindly note that you cannot switch from a visitor visa into any other visa and therefore you will need to leave the country to make a fiancee or spouse application

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I'm not on a visitor visa. It is a permission to stay up to 6 months

Kindly note that is a visitor visa which is granted on arrival. You unfortunately cannot switch incountry and I will send you the guidance to confirm the same

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
noted. Thank you for the advice. i really appreciate it

All the best and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website

Immigration Warrior and 6 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
could my partner pay for the visa application fee in the UK? or should we pay when I'm back in Malaysia?

Kindly note that you apply online therefore anyone can pay