Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I ticked ‘No’ where I was supposed to have ticked ‘Yes’ on

I ticked ‘No’ where I was supposed to have ticked ‘Yes’ on my visa application form which I have submitted
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have submitted the form and have an appointment with the Visa Application Centre on Monday. I live in Nigeria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, Tamari.
I applied along with my daughter for family visa to join my wife in UK. Unfortunately, I inadvertently ticked ‘No’ where the answer was supposed to be ‘Yes’, specifically with regards ***** ***** I was known by any other name in the past, which I was.
I have submitted the form. I live in Nigeria. Thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I cannot afford the cost, I will prefer the text messages, thanks

Please ignore any phone call request pop-up if you do not wish a telephone consultation, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

May I ask if you have been known by another name, was that official?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I was and it was official. I did a legal change of name and attached the affidavit as evidence but indicate ‘No’ in error to the question on whether I was earlier known by another name
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Tamari, I’m waiting

Alright, these things do happen sometimes. As you already submitted the application you can no longer make changes. but you can write a cover letter

Explaining about the mistake, especially because you are also submitting affidavit regarding this

It should be fine as we see similar mistakes quite often

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please how do I get the n touch with home office? I in Nigeria

You have biometrics appointment next monday

am I correct?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

You can write a cover letter explaining the mistake, especially because you are also submitting an affidavit regarding this as well.

This should be fine

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok, thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please how long does it take now to get an approval? I hope it’s no longer up to 6 months?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Tamari

I am sorry but you have to bear with me until I can answer because I am assisting another customer as well

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok

Decision currently take 6 months unfortunately, usually it was 3 months

but it has been extended due to war in Ukraine

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My daughter was adopted here in Nigeria 7 years ago. All legal procedures were complied with and they were attached to the form. Any disadvantage?

I can comment on the documents which I have not seen and reviewed. If everything was uploaded to the system I do not see a reason why the Home Office will refuse it

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 8 days ago.

I hope this was helpful, but please do let me know if you have any other questions - I'm happy to help further.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** will