How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask spankyjr1 Your Own Question
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Category: Industrial Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 2663
Experience:  Journeyman TechnicianWorked on small to large engines for 30 yearsGas,LP,Diesel
Type Your Industrial Equipment Question Here...
spankyjr1 is online now

Hi I am trying to build a thermo line bender which is used

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to build a thermo line bender which is used to heat up an aluminium t bar by means of heating an element that sits on the t bar the thing is I'm not sure what type of heat controler I will need and how to wire it in the power input for this tool is 110 v I'm useing a 3000 w heating element with a rocker switch connected between the power input and the element I just need to control the heat to a maximum of 100 deg how can I do this
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I wish to wait for an expert
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** *****'re having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.

Sorry for your long delay.

I would install a varible rheostat to control the power going to heating element like this one here

Once you have control to desired amount of heat you can either mark the knob to face or remove knob.

I would also use a temp sensor attached to bar like this below.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.