How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: International Law
Satisfied Customers: 22
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your International Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

My son has had a successful film company in Rio, Brasil for

Customer Question

My son has had a successful film company in Rio, Brasil for 14 years. Because he is a not a national he had to put 70% of the company in his Brasilian wife's name. They have now separated and she is removing all the cash coming in from work he has carried out, from the bank account as she is a signatory.

Can he put an injunction against her accessing the funds?

Is she embezzling the company funds?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: International Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for contacting
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Brazil, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Nicola,

Thanks for your reply. there is no need to take this matter any further.

Will I still be charged?