How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: International Law
Satisfied Customers: 22
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your International Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

my Kenyan husband married me in 2009, he became a british

Customer Question

my Kenyan husband married me in 2009, he became a british citizen in 2014 we have 2 children which were born in the UK, they have british passports, but they also hold Kenyan passports, we relocated to Kenya 6 weeks ago, however I have been informed that who I believed was an ex partner of my husbands has claimed they are married, he committed adultery with her whilst I was in Kenya with him 5 weeks ago and his response to this was that in Kenya he can have as many wives as he wants, however he married me under British law, can his british citizenship be reverted and what rights does he have in trying to get the children back in Kenya with him. I have tried to report this crime to immigration however they don't seem to be interested.

We entered Kenya using my childrens Kenyan passports but we left the country using their british passports, I have both their Kenyan and british passports and we are currently staying with my family in Spain, we left Kenya by saying to my husband and his family that we were visiting my family on holiday however I am yet to inform him that we will not be returning and I wish to divorce him.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: International Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for contacting
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Kenya, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,