iram a
iram a, Solicitor
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

I overstayed my visa to US 19 years ago. How should I answer

Customer Question

Hi I overstayed my visa to US 19 years ago. How should I answer ... Have you ever stayed in the United States linger than the admission period granted to you by the US GOVERNMENT.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Live in UK. IRISH citizen. Filling out ESTA forms.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: International Law
Expert:  iram a replied 2 years ago.

I give your answer.

You cannot hide, this information should be in their system so you would have to disclose.

If you overstay by one year or more, after you depart from the U.S., you will be barred from re-entering the U.S. for ten years. However, if you overstayed for less than 180 days, leaving the U.S. will not trigger any bars to re-entry but even there is a ten-year ban if you overstay by a year. However, even after the ban finishes, your overstay will count against you in any future ESTA or US visa applications. You may never be allowed to enter the US again if you overstay.

I hope it will help you.

Please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Expert:  iram a replied 2 years ago.

I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you