How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask iram a Your Own Question
iram a
iram a, Solicitor
Category: International Law
Satisfied Customers: 1874
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your International Law Question Here...
iram a is online now

I am not a British citizen and do not reside in the UK. I

This answer was rated:

I am not a British citizen and do not reside in the UK. I only visit occassionally. However, I own two apartments in the UK and receive rental income from both. I am formal registered with the tax authorities as Non-Resident landlord in order to receive these rental income without tax deductions. I need to open a local in-country bank account in my name with Debit card and internet banking facilities. Is this possible and if so, what documentation is required please.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Yes, filled paper work with HMRC. I live in Lagos, Nigeria and I am Nigerian.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Non yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: None for now.


i can help you for your concerns.

what kind of visa you have to visit to UK?

iram a and other International Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have 10 years Visit Visa. 180 day stay at a go. Expire in 2029.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No call please. Just saw the cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No call please. Just realised its at a cost. Thought it was a free voip call.


an applicant can open a Bank account in UK with visitor visa. Banks issue Debit card and internet facility.

different Bank have different requirements.

Generally they require following documents.

Valid passport.

Valid visa

Address proof

i hope it will help you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Address proof - will that be UK address or address in my country? I do not have a UK address.

UK address

you can use driving licence, tenancy agreement,

if you do not have then you will have to arrange it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Can you arrange a UK driving licence for me?

You would have to arrange yourself. You can use utility bill as well.