John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

After losing 47000 gbp to Stoxmarket (a scam trader) I have

After losing 47000 gbp to Stoxmarket (a scam trader) I have paid up 5000GBP to an Israel firm who claimed to be able to recoup much of that at a 15% charge. to them. They put me in touch with an Irish banker who had retreved about half of his outlay.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Now this firm are saying I must pay another 300GBP as I failed to update them of my phone numbers. As 99% of comunication was on email it looks as if they too are fraudsters. Will ring the Irishman tonight for his comments
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet but was thinking of contacting Israeli govt.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I am a qualified solicitor happy to assist you today.

Please note this is not a chat service, so there may be delays in responding.

I am just reviewing your question and will provide a response shortly

Sorry to hear what you have gone through. Can you clarify what advice you are seeking so I can see if I can assist?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
According to 'infofraudrecovery ' their lawer tried to phone me and because he couldn't get me he cancelled my case.My phone nos. may have been out of date and that is why I have to start proceedings over again at a cost of 3000gbp. He could have emailed me to make an appointment which would have been the obvious thing . The question is has the lawyer responded reasonably. I have been on 2 short holidays during this time.

Reasonably would have been taking all steps to try and contacting you. By just calling you and not emailing or even writing to you, I would not say he has conducted himself correctly. Additionally, it doesn't seem right to be charged £300 because of a failure to update your number, and I cannot see where that charge has been incurred. It is not a figure I would advise you to pay because it seems excessive and not really warranted, as in, it doesn't appear there is a legal basis for that charge. When you speak with them later, maybe you will get more information but for now, I would advise not to pay such sums. Please provide a positive rating and return to the site, if you require more advice after you have spoken to the Irish Banker. Regards, John

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have received a bill for 3000GBP payable TODAY. I will of course ignore this and try to contact the law firm direct. Fraudrecovery are probably feeding me a pack of lies. The system is to make a deal with Stoxmarket for a settlement usually about 1/2 of the claim. This allows stoxmarket to continue cheating the public and Fraud recovery to continue making money by always settling out of court. Is this ethical (or legal) practice?