José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have a Spanish bank account but live in the UK. I couldn't

Customer Question

I have a Spanish bank account but live in the UK. I couldn't update my account with a digital signature as the Spanish phone number I used is no longer in service (as I'm now back in the UK). The online banking system has been frozen and I've contacted my bank a number of times about it but they say I either need to go into a branch in person (not really feasible) or can arrange a legal representative to do it for me. How would I go about doing this? Many thanks
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Valencia (the bank is Sabadell)
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've rang and emailed the bank but that's it so far
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: International Law
Expert:  José M. replied 13 days ago.

Hi José M spanish atorney.

They are right. You need to go personally or somebody with a power from you on your name to get the new passwords.

To do that you could go to a notario or the person allowed to sign with the hedge apostillage in your country.

Read here how to get it

https://www.white-baos.com/en/apostille-in-spain-and-uk-how-to-get-the-apostille-for-legal-documents-public-notary-documents-and-deeds-administrative-documents-etc.html