How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: International Law
Satisfied Customers: 4048
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor
Type Your International Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Is this am immigration lawyer pls Assistant: What steps have

This answer was rated:

Is this am immigration lawyer pls
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need an immigration lawyer
Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I am an immigration solicitor in the UK, how can I help?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** from nigeria , I am here in the uk on student visa with my wife and 3 kids. Although we have misunderstandings but we are still together. Am expecting another baby from my girlfrd who is a british citizen and we intend to keep the baby
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want the no the consequences
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Because I assume one my girlfrd have this baby my status will likely change from student to parent of a British citizen. I will like to know what we happen to my other kids wen my wife finds out in terms of documentation
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will their visa status change and how will my new status affect that of my partner n kids. My girlfriend is due in few months
Your status does not change automatically simply because you have a British child. You will only get that status after applying for it and securing it and will only be able to do so if you are not with the child’s mother. You could still renew your student visa if you intend for your children and legal wife to remain in the UK otherwise their right to remain lawfully stops when you are no longer their sponsor. They will be overstayers and liable to being detained and deported. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do you mean that is I am not with the child mother, I am married already and the British girl in question is just my girlfriend and she got pregnant for me and we both decided we want to keep the baby. Are you talking about my wife or my girlfriend?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I renew the student Visa because the course I am studying will end by January 2021. Do you mean I should start a new course ?
The girlfriend is not a legal wife or unmarried partner. You will have shared parental responsibility for your child but that doesn’t confer any immigration status on you automatically. So yes if you are staying with your wife and no plans to divorce and to be formally with you now girlfriend you could apply to switch to parent of British child but your wife and children can not be dependants on your application. That is the difficult decision you make. You switch and then your family doesn’t have lawful status anymore or you stay and you extend or do whatever you had planned with your wife and children as next step when you tier 4 visa expired. I would imagine this switch was not contemplated before.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your response, I am particular about my children because ever since my wife found out about this pregnancy she is already planning to go back to Nigeria,I also found out she is having an affair too.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does your company handle cases as such? I would like to know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My wife was also responsible for me having a girlfriend as she pushed me out

My private practice does but JA does not represent so if you are asking about JA then no it doesn’t take on cases. Your children have temporary leave to remain here based on your student status though so the UK government would not have any jurisdiction to stop your wife from returning home. If you had settled status had acquired British citizenship it would be different you could stop her

If you are no longer living together in a subsisting marriage but just being civil with each other strictly soeskjng she should not be able to renew her dependent visa even if you had secured an extension on your tier 4 visa. But that’s now digressing, I hope you understood the position on your initial enquiry. All the best

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your response, how do I connect with your private practice? I am not worried if she goes back I am only concerned how I can secure status for my kids.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also I would like to know how long it takes for the application to be out if par adventure,if I have the status of parent of British can I apply for my kids too?

Hi, I can speak to you on the phone on JA premium service to clarify on the questions that you have asked. No you can apply for your own dependants until you have your ILR (settler status)

SolicitorRM and other International Law Specialists are ready to help you