Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

This is krishma Kapoor I am student and I just want to know

Customer Question

Hey this is krishma Kapoor I am student and I just want to know about that
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in London
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yah I want to know about marriage process
Category: International Law
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Like me and my boyfriend are studying in London and I want to get marriage with him , it that possible and if we got marriage then I can leave the university and can stay with me as India pendent
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 5 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, are either of you UK nationals or permanent resident? EU Nationals? Are you both here on student visas?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yah we both are here on student visa

And what are your respective nationalities?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Our nationality are indian

And so you would like to marry in the UK and then stay in the UK after you have finished your studies?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No I am not saying like that , I just want if we got marriage there then he canb be live with me
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Like my course is for 3 year then he can live with me for 3 year as husband

He can live with you provided he has a legal right to be in the country. Generally tier 4 student visas do not allow dependents to be added so for example you do not have the right to add your spouse to your visa. That said it does depend on the course you are on, you can see more here: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members

You can apply to bring a dependant to the UK if you’re:

- sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual or above that lasts 9 months or more

- a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months

- a Doctorate Extension Scheme student

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

If he has his own student visa though that is not an issue, you can live together. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yah he has own visa

Then that is fine, yes you can live together as husband and wife. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
After marriage he cannot leave the university
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
stay with me ?

Well his visa is dependent on his being a student, if he leaves his course then he does not have a valid visa and therefore he cannot live with you because he will be here illegally. Unless you apply for him to be added as a dependent to your student visa. You and he would need to satisfy the criteria I set out above though. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.