Ask an International Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.
I take it you live in Belgium?
Yes you can get married in Belgium with your partner and then you can apply to stay in Belgium as the spouse of an EU citizen and then work in Belgium. I trust this assists
Let me know if you have further queries
Yes as an EU citizen she can marry anywhere in the EU and indeed, most citizens can marry anywhere in the world provided you follow local procedure. I trust this assists
As a spouse of an EU citizen you can work I do not know how I can say it a different way so let me just try and break it down for clarity:
1. Can she come to Belgium? YES
2. Can she get married to you in Belgium? YES
3. If you marry her in Belgium can you work in Belgium? YES
4. Can you have children in Belgium? YES
5. Will you be able to stay in Belgium as her spouse? YES
I trust this assists
No problem, happy to help take care