Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I think I was disconnected It was a passport query and

Hi I think I was disconnected It was a passport query and travel
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. Its actually just a simple question I need to ask about travelling out the UK with an Aussie passport and resturning with a UK one
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have an Aussie passport that expires in 2 yrs and a UK passport that expires in 4 months
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am travelling to turkey in 2 weeks for 5 days. I hold a UK passport (expires in 4 months) but also hold a Aussie passport. Can I travel to Turkey on my Aussie passport and return to the UK on my UK passport? Is this possible. I know travelling to Turkey on a Aussie passport I will need a visa but it was more the logistics on what passport to use at what stages of travel. Please let me know? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
e.g. Would I use my Aussie to passport to leave the UK and go through Turkish immigration with visa and Aussie passport? When my trip is over do I leave with my Aussie passport and come back into the UK with my nearly expiered UK passport
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Or do I leave with my UK passport, and then show my Aussie passport with visa at Turkish immigration? Then leave with Aussie and then come into the UK with my UK passport?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What details am I putting into my flights? at check in etc?

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

You should use the same passport going out and back, therefore it would be best to use your Aussie passport. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
leaving the UK on my Aussie passport and NOT coming back into the UK on my UK passport won't cause any issues?

No that should cause you no issues. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I once read you should leave the county with the passport you entered with... I entered the UK on my UK passport last time. Is this not the case?

It does not matter either way, it is better you leave the country on the same passport you will be returning with. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you
Happy to help take care