How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A.Valcke Your Own Question
A.Valcke, Solicitor
Category: International Tax
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Solicitor with 14+ years of international legal experience.
Type Your International Tax Question Here...
A.Valcke is online now

Corporate Tax Residency References PWC Corporate Tax

Customer Question

Corporate Tax Residency


PWC Corporate Tax Article -

Article which explains other benefits of having an offshore company -

I am considering creating an offshore company however the central management and control of the business will be in the UK and this means that the company will indeed be tax resident in the UK for tax purposes.

However my question is what are the processes that a foreign company that is UK tax resident needs to go through to declare its liabilities? Do they just need to complete a CT600 once per year? Some offshore jurisdictions do not require accounts to be created but can HMRC request this if you are a foreign company that is UK tax resident? I guess in a lot of ways I am asking "In terms of how a company is actually operated how far does the control and management rule have an effect if it is essentially a foreign entity.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: International Tax