Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

in relation to my previous question,my daughter was born in

in relation to my previous question,my daughter was born in ireland,im irish she lithuanian,can she get my daughter a lithuanian passport without my permission? and if i got her and irish passport first could she still get a lithuanian passport for her and have both?

Buachaill :

1. Under Irish law, there is no limitation placed on a person having Irish citizenship also having some foreign citizenship such as Lithuanian citizenship. Accordingly, your child can have both a Lithuanian passport as well as an Irish passport. Under Irish law, the signature of both parents is required before a passport will be granted to one parent in relation to the child, where the child is under 16. Accordingly, you will need to signature of consent of your child's Lithuanian mother before you will be issued with a passport in relation to the child. This signature of consent will also have to be witnessed. I do not know what are the legal requirements are for getting a passport in Lithuania, but I would imagine they are the same. I would suggest you get advice from a Lithuanian lawyer as to the legal requirements there. So you really should reach some agreement with the mother in relation to obtaining a passport for your child if you wish to travel abroad with the child.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid