How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

We live in husband is in full time employment working

Customer Question

We live in husband is in full time employment working 6 days a week I work parttime doing 1 day a week.we have 3 kids one going to school one going to play school costing 40 euros per day and a baby of 14months. If I quit my job would I be entitled to anything
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. I regret to say that any voluntary reduction in employment time disqualifys you from getting the benefit of any State benefit, whether it is unemployment assistance or Job Seeker's Benefit. This rule is based on the fact that a person has to work if there is the possibility of working. Once you self-create a situation of unemployment, this disqualifys you from any State Benefit. I appreciate it that it did not pay you to be working whilst also having two children in childcare. However, once you voluntarily reduce or terminate your employment, no State benefits such as JobSeeker's allowance are payable, I regret to say.