How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10983
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

How an l add my name to the land register of my uncles hou

Customer Question

How an l add my name to the land register of my uncles house
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Essentially, you need a solicitor to register your name on the Land folio in the Land Registry if the house is on registered land. Or alternatively, you need a solicitor to do something similar if it is a Registry of Deeds Title. I regret to say that you need a solicitor for this process in the Land Registry as solicitors are the guarantors of the Land Registry process in Ireland. You cannot do it yourself. But the actual process is straightforward from a legal point of view as it is not a difficult process for a solicitor. They do this sort of thing every day and it should not cost more than 200 euros.