How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My husband forced me to move out and didnt let me take my

This answer was rated:

My husband forced me to move out and didn't let me take my kids and now he won't let me take them even for weekend is this legal? What can I do in this case

Buachaill :

1. Pending the hearing of the custody case in September, you can apply for an access order on an interim basis. Essentially, the law does not allow one parent withhold access to children from the other parent. Accordingly, as soon as you can get an application for access into court, you will be able to obtain access to your children pending the hearing of the custody case in September. Be aware that all courts will be closed in the month of August, so it is essential that you get a solicitor who will act on this immediately and ensure that access is sought.

Buachaill :

2. accordingly, go back to the solicitor who is representing you in the case in September and ask them to ensure you can get access on an interim basis pending the hearing of the case in September.

Buachaill :

3. withholding access by you to your children is not legal. So get this sorted out immediately.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you