How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10949
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Landlord of a hotel we were staying in came into our bedroom

Customer Question

Landlord of a hotel we were staying in came into our bedroom and I woke to find him in bed beside me and my boyfriend. I am so traumatised. Can I sue him.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. YOu most certainly can sue for breach of contract, breach of privacy, intentional infliction of emotional suffering and damages for distress. This is a gross invasion of privacy and a total breach of the contract to provide you with a safe room for the night. Aggravated damages will also be payable as the conduct is beyond comparison. So I would advise you to speak to a solicitor and get proceedings issued if an adequate offer of compensation is not forthcoming to include all the distress and loss you suffered.