How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2876
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Inheritance query Access to house to divide contents

Customer Question

I have 2 sisters . When my father died last July (2013) my elder sister inherited my parents house in Ireland. The estate, including house contents were to be divided between the 3 of us. I had been living in the house to care for my parents for the previous 2+years and my sister asked for my immediate vacation. The house was put up for sale. Despite numerous requests to meet up with my sister to agree on division of contents, and to collect various items I left in the house, my sister has been very uncommunicative and not found a mutually convenient time to meet and grant me access to the house. Neither of us live in Ireland. The house is now under offer. Do I have rights to insist on access to the house to enable devision? Can she sell the house and dispose of contents without giving me an opportunity to see if there is anything I would like. There is nothing of great monetary value but there are items I would appreciate for sentimental reasons.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,