How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2876
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am an irish citizen resident in Ireland. My partner is an

Customer Question

I am an irish citizen resident in Ireland. My partner is an American citizen resident in the U.s. We want to get married in Ireland. I own a few residential properties in Ireland. I earn an annual income of about euro 60'000 on which I pay tax. I have two married daughters and five grandchildren in Ireland. My partner and I live in her home in California during the winter months.We are in agreement that I dispose ofmy property assets before we marry by giving them to my children. I will continue to retain some cash saving and receive all the rents from the properties while I am alive. As my daughters could not afford to pay tax on the property transfer, I am thinking that the best option is to transfer the properties into a trust fund with a proviso that I receive the rent proceeds. What can you advise in this regard. Kind regards, Jim
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please cancel my question. I have no further questions. Please do not bill me services. JimXXXXX