How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10976
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Mother died leaving house and contents to son and money to

This answer was rated:

mother died leaving house and contents to son and money to her younger daughter.Their was 3 daughters not named in will.Have we any rights to see will papers and claim .
1.There is no freestanding right to see a will in which a person is not named. However, once the will is admitted to probate, then it becomes a public document and can be inspected and a copy obtained from the Probate Office. It is very important that you know when probate happens as not only is this when you can get a copy, but it is also the date from which a six month time limit runs under section 117 of the Succession Act, 1965, whereby a claim can be made by any child who wishes to challenge the distribution under the will on the basis that your mother failed in her moral duty to make proper provision for that child under the terms of the will. So whilst you cannot immediately obtain a copy of the will you can get one in due course and you have a right to make a claim if you so wish. Section 117 gives a right to every child. In exercising its discretion a court will look at what provision was made by your mother, both during her lifetime and in her will, to the child making the challenge. It will also look at the child's position in life and assess what would have been proper provision for that child. Then court will decide whether it is an appropriate case in which to exercise its discretion and make an order in favour the child challenging the distribution under the will.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

went to England to work for 14 years juring does years sent money home.then returned gave my mother anything she needed and visited every week until her death..

2. These are all facts which the court will weigh. I would advise you to get yourself a solicitor a prepare to contest the distribution under the will if you wish to make a challenge. Full consideration should also be given to your situation then. You should also find out if one of your other two sisters intend making a challenge as well.
Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for all info.dont need subscription.only take payement for to days question. Mary XXXXXXXXXXXXX

3. Dear *****, Please RATE the Answer. If you don't want a subscription, that is perfectly OK. However, it is essential you Rate the Answer as this is how the system works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

very happy with reply.good advice rate very good.thank you . mary XXXXXXXXXx

4. You are welcome!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please close my account from to day 21st August.thanks for info.please cancel account. Mary XXXXXXXXXX

5. Please contact Customer Services to close the account.