How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10955
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Iwish to leave my property a house who has lived with

Customer Question

Iwish to leave my property
a house who has lived with me sine the age of 12 and is now 32 what inheritance tax does he have to pay
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. There is the potential here to not pay any Capital Acquisitions Tax at all on the dwelling. This if this person who has lived with you continues to live in the house for six years after you die and if he has cared for you whilst you were alive. Here is a connection to the website of the Revenue which sets out the details. The requirement to live in the house for three years before you die has already been fulfilled. So if s/he can take themselves within its terms, no tax is payable. Here is the link