How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10983
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My company is owed €400K by Dunnes stores. We provide cleaning

Customer Question

My company is owed €400K by Dunnes stores. We provide cleaning services to 18 of their stores. What are the steps to recovering the money . I have tried many forms of communication and we are getting nowhere with this. I will need to stop the service and many staff will be given notice. also staff would have the right to TUPE to new service provider.
could I have the name of a really good lawyer to take this case.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Here, you essentially need to issue High court proceedings against Dunnes Stores to recover the monies. If you want a good lawyer, you should seek out one near where you operate your business. Look at the local press and see what solicitors are involved in High Court litigation. Essentially, what you need is a good litigation solicitor. However, I don't know where you live or operate, so you should use your local press to see who are the good litigators. From the lack of communication, you simply need to issue legal proceedings. Once the debt gets very big, there is no alternative to litigation. If you are in Dublin, I would recommend the litigation department of Eversheds solicitors.