How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 11077
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My Name is***** holding Irish passport no.

This answer was rated:

My Name is***** holding Irish passport no. XXXXXXX issued on 29th.Jan 2013 valid till 28.Jan.2023.
To get an Admission in the University in Europe,I Need a Police certificate.
I was staying in:
Since a very Long time I am not leaving there any more, I am leaving in Libya with my parents.
How can I get a Police certificate ?
1. Dear Hassan, You should make your application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district where you used to live. As you no longer live in Ireland, write to the Superintendent for the district where you used to live. I would advise you to ring if you do not hear within three weeks.Your application in writing should include the following:Your full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicableYour date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)Your current addressAll addresses at which you have lived at in Ireland and when you lived thereThe place and purpose for which you require the CertificateYou should also include with your application:A copy of your passport, driving licence or similar for identification purposesA stamped, self addressed envelopeYour application will take approximately three weeks to process. My best guess is that you omitted to include one of these items and that is why you didn't hear back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can send you what you have mentioned. Will you be able to get it for me please.
2. No Hassan. A police certificate will have to be applied for by yourself. The Gardai will want the address to which it is being sent. The Gardai will not send out a Police Certificate to a third party. So I would advise you to simply apply yourself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you.
Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you