How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My question I believe is specific to Irish Immigration

Customer Question

Hi, My question I believe is specific to Irish Immigration / passport, will your panel be able to help me at all ? thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am currently a Tier 2 (general) leave to remain, till 21 April 2016I am a NZ passport holderI have 3 children and based on my ex husband they hold Irish passports
My now husband is a UK citizen
We live in Hong KongMy prior marriage, I had an Irish passport issued around 2002 , I have misplaced it ( with house moves)
but wanted to know could I get a renewal and then have a valid irish passport ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI, sorry not sure what your service is, am I meant to be waiting for you to chat with me
Sorry I am a little confused
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Yes, you can apply for a new Irish passport. Once an Irish citizen, always an Irish citizen. Apply to the IRISH PASSPORT office in Moleworth Street, Dublin 2. The best method is to apply by post. Here is a link to the Irish government website which will guide you through a passport application Follow through the renewal option.2. Be aware that it was unnecessary to have applied for a Tier 2 visa in the UK. Based on your Irish citizenship, you have the full right to live and work in the UK. Ireland and Britain have maintained a common free travel area since 1922.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
3. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.