Republic of Ireland Law
Ask a Republic of Ireland Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. No, there is no need to be worried. Essentially, 17 is now the age of consent in Ireland for girls. However, there is no offence which criminalises merely speaking or flirting with a girl of 16 in Ireland. Matters must move beyond that and there would need to be some form of grooming and a move to initiate sexual relations before there would be an offence committed under Irish law. In many respects Irish law is similar to English law. However, it is not quite as protective of adolescents above the age of 14 as is English law. "grooming" is the main offence you could be convicted of. However, where you found out she was only 16 and immediately blocked contact, there is no offence committed as you need to know the girls is under the age of 17 to commit the offence.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
3. So long as you did not engage in "grooming" which is a precursor to a sexual act, you are fine. Additionally, if you did not know her age when you were sexual, no crime will have been committed. You need to have know she was a minor or was underage.
4. She sounds experienced! It makes me wonder who was "grooming" who?? I don't think you have anything to worry about here.
5. Ultimately, you cannot control what other people think, including this girl. However, you will not get prosecuted for this. Please Rate the answer.