How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10949
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I would like to get marry in ireland. n my girlfriend is

This answer was rated:

Hi ThereI would like to get marry in ireland. Im British n my girlfriend is korean what procedure should i take? also my visa would be granted to my girlfriend?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any expert available today?

1. Dear *****, your first step in apply to marry in Ireland is that you both must provide a Notification to the Registrar of Marriages in Ireland or your intention to marry. This must be done at least three months before your date of intended marriage. It is only after you have received an acknowledgement of your intention to marry from the Registrar that you will then be apply to apply for a visa for your girlfriend to come to Ireland to celebrate the marriage.

2. Here is a link to the page in the website of the Irish naturalisation & Immigration Service which sets out the requirements for apply for a visa for your girlfriend in order that you get married in Ireland

3. You will see that there are quite a few requirements. You will not need a visa as Ireland and Britain operate a common free travel area and citizens of Ireland and Britain can freely move between the two countries.

4. Here is a link which sets out the Notification requirements which are required for an Irish marriage

5. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you