How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My son is doing a security course. and in order to get his

This answer was rated:

My son is doing a security course. and in order to get his licence he must get a criminal record certificate as he spent around 8months in Thailand around 10 years ago would he be as well off not 2 mention this or will they be checking this themselves

1. The only record the Irish authorities will have of your son being in Thailand will be his passport record which will contain a stamp showing entry and exit from Thailand during this 8 month period. Apart from this, there will be little record unless your son was convicted of an offence in Thailand in which case the Irish Consular authorities will have been notified of this fact and there will be a record in the Department of Foreign Affairs. However, I would advise your son to get a police certificate from Thailand if he can. It will at least show that he is being honest. Otherwise, he is likely to face problems if it emerges subsequently, such as when he is speaking with other course members or if the Gardai have some record of him being in Thailand.

2. Ultimately, honesty is the best policy if your son wants to work in the security industry. If he fails to disclose the fact of being in Thailand and it emerges subsequently, it will preclude your son from working in the industry. So, I would avoid this consequence.

3. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not get paid for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you