How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10976
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

How can I check my pension rights for years worked in the

This answer was rated:

How can I check my pension rights for years worked in the Republic of Ireland from 1979 to 1988?

1. Ireland has an intra-EU arrangement whereby if you have worked in any other EU state your time spend working in Ireland can be added to the years worked in other EU states to qualify for a full pension in that other EU state or in Ireland. So, if you have been working in the Uk you can add the years worked in Ireland between 1979 to 1988 to the years worked in the UK to qualify for a full pension in the UK. Additionally, Ireland has bilateral pension arrangements with Canada, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Japan, Republic of Korea and Quebec whereby you can add the years worked in Ireland with those worked in the other country and qualify for full pension entitlements.

2. Here is a link to a webpage in the Irish Department of Social Protection where you can find out about pension entitlements in Ireland for having worked there from 1979 to 1988. Be aware that because you paid social insurance contributions in Ireland, you are entitled to a Contributory Pension. YOu can add your years worked in Ireland to the foreign years and apply in the foreign country or you can add your foreign years to the years worked in Ireland and apply in Ireland. However, be aware that the EU rules provide that you apply in the country where you are resident for your pension.

3. If you require any further clarification, I will be happy to help further. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not get paid for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** was just what I needed!