Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My brother in law has left his camper van on my driveway for

Customer Question

My brother in law has left his camper van on my driveway for two years. He originally agreed to shared usage but never organised the insurance cover for myself or my wife to drive it. He refuses to move it and we want it off our property as soon as possible. What's our legal recourse to get him to remove it or to have it towed away somehow?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  James-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume your brother does not have a legal interest in your property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has no ownership or claim on our property
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also he is my wife's brother and they have difficulty resolving this as he has a problem understanding that our home is not his - he moved in with us during his divorce but has left and is living with a new partner for over a year . The dispute comes down to us wanting him to move his belongings in particular the van and his resistance to doing it .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot call t the moment - can you answer here? I have paid via PayPal thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me if it will take more than 24 hours ?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will wait
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Close the question