Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

A problem has occurred with a U.S. firm.Would i be better

a problem has occurred with a U.S. firm.Would i be better off with a U.S. lawyer or would an Irish one do?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear *****, the answer to your question depends upon where it is possible to sue. If you are suing the US firm in Ireland, then you should use an Irish lawyer. However, if you are suing in the US, then I would suggest you use a US lawyer. If you want to supply more details, I will be happy to help further.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it will be a U.S. lawyer-only problem is to find one

3. A referral from someone who has used a lawyer with experience in the US State law in which you wish to litigate would be best. You can look in directories of lawyers such as Martindale Hubble but that gives no indication as to proficiency.