Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am a subcontractor offering financial advice. Can I

I am a subcontractor offering financial advice. Can I terminate a contract if there is no termination clause in it

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. All contracts, whether there is a termination clause in it or not, may be terminated by giving reasonable notice to the other party to the contract. In the standard contract, which is on a month by month basis, this would be two months notice as this would constitute 'reasonable notice'. However, what is 'reasonable notice' depends on the nature of the contract and how long it has been in existence.

2. However, a subcontract offering financial advice may be terminated by giving reasonable notice to the other party to the contract. Here the subcontract is not governed by the provisions in the head contract but will have its own separate requirement of 'reasonable notice' which depends on how long this subcontract has been in existence.

3. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.