Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Are the parties to an in camera court order entitled to a

Are the parties to an in camera court order entitled to a copy of this court order?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Yes, the parties to an in camera court order are entitled to a copy of any court Order made. Essentially, the solicitor for each party can collect it from the Registrar who sat in court on the day in question with the judge. If a person represented themselves, then they can collect it from the Registrar. Normally, what happens is that solicitor for one party takes up the original copy and sends a copy to the other side, as a matter of course. However, be aware that any Order made is confidential to the parties themselves and cannot be given a wider circulation.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.