Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

If someone pays for a 12 month course inc accommodation in

If someone pays for a 12 month course inc accommodation in advance then only complete 3 months are they entitled to a refund?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. I know this is not what you want to hear, but there is no automatic entitlement to a refund in these circumstances. The contractual agreement must specifically provide for a refund if one is to occur. This is because the services, including accommodation were contracted and paid for. Just because one party does not take up the contracted course and accommodation, this does not mean the other party must make restitution for any monies paid. So, there is no entitlement to a refund unless the contract provides for one. You should seek to negotiate with the service provider.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you - it's exactly what I wanted to hear :)