Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Our solicitor wont allow us to sign for our house we are in

Our solicitor wont allow us to sign for our house we are in the process of buying, as she ia not happy with something in the contract.
Can we override her and sign anyway?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Yes, you may override your solicitor and sign the contract for the purchase of the house anyway. Essentially, the decision whether to sign the contract is one solely for the decision of the client upon taking their solicitor's advice. So, you can go ahead and sign if you want. However, be aware that you would be foolish to do so, if the solicitor believes there is a problem. So, you should fully appraise yourself of the reason the solicitor is advising you not to sign. It is only if you believe the solicitor is worrying unduly that you should go ahead and sign. If there is a problem with the title, you should take your solicitor's advice.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.