How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 11225
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Our solicitor wont allow us to sign for our house we are in

This answer was rated:

Our solicitor wont allow us to sign for our house we are in the process of buying, as she ia not happy with something in the contract.
Can we override her and sign anyway?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Yes, you may override your solicitor and sign the contract for the purchase of the house anyway. Essentially, the decision whether to sign the contract is one solely for the decision of the client upon taking their solicitor's advice. So, you can go ahead and sign if you want. However, be aware that you would be foolish to do so, if the solicitor believes there is a problem. So, you should fully appraise yourself of the reason the solicitor is advising you not to sign. It is only if you believe the solicitor is worrying unduly that you should go ahead and sign. If there is a problem with the title, you should take your solicitor's advice.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you