Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

I am buying a house and the seller changed estate agents

Hello, I am buying a house and the seller changed estate agents between the time I viewed it (with first agent ) and the time I would like to make an offer. Which estate agents should I make the offer to the one that showed me the property or the one currently selling it ?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
This is in Dublin, Ireland

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. There is no point in making an offer to estate agents who no longer have carriage of the sale. So, you should make the offer to the estate agents currently selling the property as they will be the ones currently employed by the sellers to sell their property. Ultimately, it is a question for the sellers who they employ as estate agent. However, there is no guarantee that your offer will be communicated to the seller if you don't make it to the estate agents having carriage of the sale today.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Nice to meet you and thanks for you for your answer. This is deposited the first agent showing me the property to begin with and saying any offer must go through him, right ? I don't want to end up with the current agent saying they can't communicate the offer because they were not the ones to "introduce " me to the property..

3. No estate agent who has the current offering of a property will refuse to convey your offer to their client, the seller. That would be against their own interest. So, you are worrying unduly.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
That s great, many thanks , I am very happy with your service and just rated you accordingly. Kind regards.