How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 11379
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Please view attached to inquire made before

This answer was rated:

please view attached file follow up to inquire made before

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear *****, the first thing I would suggest to you is that you have been speaking to too many people in relation to your case. This solicitor employed by the State who suggests something will take 10-15 years is like a Prophet from Hell! You would be better off not speaking to such people or collecting opinions from assorted members of the legal profession you know.

2. It is quite correct that no solicitor in County Mayo will sue another solicitor in County Mayo. That is like spitting in the soup! So, you should take yourself off up to Dublin and hire a solicitor there to sue your former solicitor. The Law Society maintains a register of solicitors who are willing to sue other solicitor members of the legal profession. So, if you are in doubt as to who to contact, you should contact or pay a visit to the Law Society in Blackhall Place in Dublin 7 and get the names of several solicitors who will be willing to act for you.

3. I would not recommend you hiring a solicitor in Northern Ireland or the UK as there will be additional costs in travelling to meet them and such a solicitor will not be as familiar with the procedure in Irish courts as an Irish solicitor will be.

4. The bot***** *****ne is that each solicitor carries Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) to cover claims made against them. This means that once your solicitor issues legal proceedings against the solicitor concerned, the claim will be taken over by the insurer and the case settled if it is a valid one. So, this notion of waiting until hell freezes over is old rot!

5. So, take the train to Dublin and get the name of a solicitor who would be willing to act for you. Make an appointment with one of them and get legal proceedings issued as soon as possible. Essentially, you will need to bring matters to a conclusion. Be aware that whilst you may have to finance the case yourselves, no solicitor will turn down a case which is valid and from which the solicitor will make money. So, once you convince the solicitor that your case is valid, then you will have a better chance of getting some arrangement entered into in relation to fees.

6. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you