Republic of Ireland Law
Ask a Republic of Ireland Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
1. The bot***** *****ne is that there is no chance you will go to jail for a first offence of theft.
2. The most likely outcome is that you will receive a small fine. Alternatively, if you get a solicitor to represent you, a donation to the Poor Box which would mean no conviction is another likely outcome.
3. There is an advantage in being legally represented as the Court is more likely to be lenient to you if you have a solicitor representing you.
4. So, I would suggest you get a solicitor to represent you and plead for leniency. Given your difficult circumstances, this is the most likely outcome. The Court is likely to be lenient to you because you are living in difficult circumstances.
5. Please Rate or Accept the answer using the buttons at the top of the page as this is necessary so the website pays the Expert for answering your question.