Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I steal from shop dress for 82e,its my first time. I have a

I steal from shop dress for 82e,its my first time. I have a job and i am single parent with Child with specjalnie needs. I need go to court next week. Whats gonna happend? Ant chance i could go to jail?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. Please Give me answer because i am very worry

1. The bot***** *****ne is that there is no chance you will go to jail for a first offence of theft.

2. The most likely outcome is that you will receive a small fine. Alternatively, if you get a solicitor to represent you, a donation to the Poor Box which would mean no conviction is another likely outcome.

3. There is an advantage in being legally represented as the Court is more likely to be lenient to you if you have a solicitor representing you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much. I make big mistake and cost me stress! I am very happy with your help. Fantastic service

4. So, I would suggest you get a solicitor to represent you and plead for leniency. Given your difficult circumstances, this is the most likely outcome. The Court is likely to be lenient to you because you are living in difficult circumstances.

5. Please Rate or Accept the answer using the buttons at the top of the page as this is necessary so the website pays the Expert for answering your question.