Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have two Irish born children, I have not renewed my

Customer Question

I have two Irish born children, I have not renewed my residency since 2010, can I still renew it
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still waiting
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will continue to wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear Yinka, so long as at least one of your children is under the age of 18 years and is a citizen of Ireland or another EU country, you have the right to live and work in Ireland under the Zambrano ruling of the European Court of Justice. This right will allow you to renew your visa and residency in Ireland. However, I would suggest you seek to obtain permanent residency in Ireland if you wish to reside there. Long term, this will avoid the issue of visa renewals.

2. Additionally, if you are in a relationship of two years duration or more with an EU national, you also will have the right to live and work in Ireland.

3. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.