Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Hiya my last place of work I received shares how will I

Customer Question

hiya
my last place of work I received shares how will I claim themthank maria
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear *****, the first thing you need to do is to speak to Human resources at your last place of work and ascertain whether shares were part of your employment package or not.

2. Then you can determine how to claim them. Again, you should speak with the HR person and ascertain how they vest and in what fashion.

3. Please Rate or accept your answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.

4. Be aware that if you can show an entitlement to shares in your employment contract, then you can sue for them. However, before you can argue the issue with your former place of employment, or litigate, you need to be able to point to where the entitlement to shares arises from.