T_Graham12
T_Graham12,
28732269

I believe a commercial lease over 7 years has to be

I believe a commercial lease over 7 years has to be registered but does an Agreement for Lease (where the condition that would start the lease has not yet occurred) have to be registered?

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

There is no legal obligation to register an Agreement for Lease. However, if there is likely to be a sufficiently long period of time between the agreement for lease and the completion of the lease itself then it is generally advisable for the proposed tenant to apply for a notice against the freehold title noting the agreement itself. However, again this is not a legal obligation as such and is more a matter of best practice.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tom Apologies I should have made it clear it is in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No need for a call thanks.

Yes, as long as it's in England or Wales the above answer is still correct.

Tom